Sunday, July 18, 2010

Random thoughts...to go with the random brain.

It's Sunday morning. So random is the name of the game around here. I was up til after midnight with a sinus headache that kept getting worse...but I was tired enough I just laid there for over an hour thinking I could just fall asleep and not deal with it...no such luck. So at 12:30 I was up taking meds to get the head to drain and stop the pounding...oh yes and the puppies thought that would be a great time to go outside for a pee...works for me...why have summertime if you can't walk around your yard half naked in the middle of the night.

Well, the sinus meds worked so well, that I woke up at 4:30 with cotton mouth...of course the bottled water by the bed wasn't cold enough for me...so it's was back up and to the fridge for a cold bottle...and the puppies...they thought it would be a great time to go out and take a shit. Why not...why have summer if you can't wander around your yard half naked and watch your puppies shit in an area you don't have to clean up. Hallelujah!! And that's when I saw my Water Boy's car in the drive...along with a friend of his..who is also one of my boyz. Maybe them coming in is what woke me up...but I won't be mad...I get to spend some much loved time with both of them...that's always worth a lot of laughter and I don't have puppy shit to clean up first thing this morning!! Double Bonus!! So I wanna talk to all these puppy experts who say a dog will need to take a dump within a half hour after eating...cause these dogs ate supper before 8 the night before....so what's up with that shit??? Literally!!!

Now had I slept in, I would have wondrous and amazing things to blog about, but what's the fun in that?? No I woke up at 6 to the gurgling of the coffee pot...coming from a charismatic background in just the last 10 years...I would say my coffee pot speaks in tongues in the morning. Most people don't understand the language, but I know exactly what that ole gal is saying...and I end up with a strong desire to do a little praising of my own...with a full cup of coffee in my hand of course!! And the puppies??? You guessed it...but it was a glorious morning on the patio with Mr Fixit..who got a kick ass night's sleep and the birds at the feeder...we even enjoyed a little Hummingbird SmackDown match. I have THREE feeders you idiots...must you all fight over one? Apparently hummers have their own version of Who's the Biggest Asshole going on!!

So...random is all I got today folks. I went to our small town's farmers market this Friday afternoon. I wanted some fresh green beans...one of several things I don't attempt to put in my own garden...from the prices they were charging of a single cucumber...I'd say I have $$millions$$ in my garden right now!!! But I wanted green beans for this new recipe I love for Italian Potato Salad...it's the bomb and I wanted to make up a big batch for Mr Fixit's lunches in the coming week and for some friends coming over today. Mr Fixit has a hankering for his baby back ribs....and this potato salad would be perfect...so..off to Farmers Market. Now I have to say, out of the five or six booths there...only one had any vegetables...well, one and a half. What the hell?!!! I thought a farmers market would be all about veggies...apparently not!! It's about bread and jams and crafts and eggs...setting out in 90+ heat..uhmmmm thanks...I'll just take this expensive baggie of greenbeans. And then I went to the local grocery store for the potatoes and onions and a big ole head of cabbage...kinda defeats the purpose of a farmers market in town..doesn't it? My garden? yes, I hit that up too...tomatoes and green peppers and cucumbers going in the potato salad as well...not because the recipe calls for them...because I have them coming out of my butt right now and they will be going into everything I cook. HEY..all the totally cool pancakes have little green pepper pieces in them...just shut up and eat it!! LOL

House cleaning....WHY? Or has my delightful Bohemian would say..."What's the fucking point?" I spent Friday afternoon cleaning my house...floors mopped and looking B-E-A-utiful...dishes done, laundry on the line...bathrooms cleaned. Then Mr Fixit came home, the puppies came in, and the Water Boy showed up yesterday morning to lounge all day in the living room. Guess he needed a break from his dad's house. So I take a stroll around my house yesterday evening after a long day of working my second job and make this monster bowl of potato salad...and realized I really just needed to shut my eyes, grab a beer and head out to the patio. House looks like it's been a month since it's seen a broom. Splatters on the bathroom mirror..which makes the whole room look dirty...I don't care how clean it is, if there's splatters on my face when I'm looking in my mirror...the entire room is DIRTY!!! I'm strange like that...it's the little things in life that make it special, don't ya know!! A new layer of dust over everything in the living room..which happens when you live on a gravel road...actually I miss the love notes my kids would leave in it...dust doesn't bother me at all...splatters on my bathroom mirror make my ass twitch. I did say I was strange didn't I? Okay..just checking. The hardwood floors are covered in puppy prints...kinda of art deco if you look at it just right...but still...what's the fucking point of cleaning it if it's gonna look like hell in 24 hours? Next Friday afternoon I have off..I'm going to hit up somebody with a pool..Fuck this old house and trying to keep it clean. As long as I keep the clutter to a minimal...I'm good!! Life is too short...and as I've had to say countless times before..."There is no point baby...so screw it!!"

I'm pouting. I've gone to the Slough Creek tent camping only campground for the last 15 years and this year it's closed because they have shut down the bridge over the Slough Creek arm of the lake. Son of a Muther!! That's always been my vacation...although it really isn't much of a vacation if you get right down to it. Try dragging three kids, tents sleeping bags, coolers and boxes of food and bags of markers and bikes and you name it out to the lake for a few days. Do battle with the coolers who pop open their lids all damn day long so everything in side can melt, raccoons who will raid the campsite at night and eat ALL your chocolate donuts leaving you in a pandemonium meltdown dash to get more the next morning...gooy marshmallows stuck in your hair...mud in the tents and the occasional poison ivy rash or tic fest. But yeah know, I loved it. Every minute of it...I didn't even mind the mountains of laundry and clean up once we got back home. It was vacation..we got away for a little while and pretended we were gypsies...with Coleman lanterns and cook stoves of course!! And this year it's a no go and a little girl inside of me is having herself a shitfit deluxe. BUT I WANNA GO!!!!!!! To top that off, the lake is up to the point most camping sites still available to me are now underwater...CRAP...no camping for Momma this year...I wonder if I'll even get my fat ass in the lake? I'm toying with the idea of getting a large steel stock tank for the back yard. I don't want the expense and hassle of a pool, cause it would have to in ground and huge and have heated water so I could actually use it for more than a couple months a year...and screw that...I need to many other things to worry about a pool...but a stock tank...big enough to lay on a floating with a couple other people and splash water on yourself....I could almost pysch myself up to thinking I had my own lake in the backyard!! I'd have a killer 'just come from the lake' tan too!! Something to think about!! And I have...$400.00 just to start off with the tank...then there's the dirt to level where I'd want it, and the border around it with ....pea gravel?...concrete with cool looking flat stones pushed in?...something besides grass that would make the water go green in a few days of this heat. And when it did...I'd hook the hose up to the drain and let it drain out on my flowerbeds or some of our new trees!! So it's not like we'd be wasting water either!! Hummmmmm yeah, something to think about for a while!! I'm good like that...thinking it over for a good long while...but I likes the idea so far!!!

Okay..well, enough random...Mr Fixit just had to find my coffee cup for me...bless his heart, now it's my turn to go fill them up. Have a wonderful Sunday being random!!! I am..well, actually it's the best I can turn up for today...but it sounds really cool saying it like I'm CHOOSING to be random cause I want to, cause I can..cause I have other options but I'm not taking them. Yeah, let's all get RANDOM today!!! And that's just the dill pickle bout that!!!

1 comment: