Monday, July 5, 2010

Let the Bitching Beg.....Continue

So it's another raining day off. Not that I mind overly much. I have a yard filled with flowerbeds and a veggie garden and dragging a hose is not my favorite thing to do, but I certainly enjoy it more than shoving snow!!! Living in our rural community we have more minerals in the water than the vitamins you buy at the store. To say our water is hard is quite the understatement. I'm sure if you collect the crap coming thru out water line you could create a tool to cut diamonds. We have a softener on the the kitchen spicket, but we still have to replace the coffeepot a couple times a year. So the rain is always so much better for everything green in the yard. And it's a good and wonderful thing...truly.....having said that....

I can't fucking believe it's raining yet again on my last damn day off!!!!! So I am stuck in the house...just like I was all winter...cabin fever is threatening to raise it's ugly head. Someone could die today.....Mr Fixit is looking nervous...it's only 8:30am.
And he knows this is all his fault...as is all that goes wrong around here. He wears is well. Must be a male thing. I have been bitching non-stop now for a covered patio....it would be okay if it rained if I could just sit outside and enjoy it. There are still idiot birds that come to the feeders during the rain, you can still see the flowers...it's almost like a sunny day....just let me get my fat ass out to the patio and be OUTSIDE. Not sure why that's such a big deal with me. It's just one of those typical shithead hangups I carry around. Outside is better. PERIOD.
And I'm married to Mr Fixit. Surely he can fix this for me...right??!!! Just a simple covering would work....but no...not for Mr Fixit...he has these elaborate plans to build this huge ass wooden deck with railing and roof and extend it out to the first set of flowerbeds with a special place for his grill and places for me to hang flowering baskets and good God Almighty let's just build the fucking Taj Mahal!!! So of course as time goes on he thinks of more and more things to add and he is just waiting for the money to roll in so we can afford to build this mighty beast of his dreams. Yeah right!!!

Now lets regroup a little shall we. The patio I speak of is old concrete that has huge cracks running thru it. Has been since I bought the place in 2000. I'm talking cracks people...I have wave petunias that grow up in them from the flower planter being placed over the cracks in years past. And the patio table?...it's an old wooden spool he dragged home from work and I have covered with the finest vinyl tablecloth Walmart can carry. It even comes complete with the hole in the center for the umbrella...which just barely covers the table and keeps a whole complete HALF of you dry should it be raining while you are sitting there. Our patio furniture? Why it's elaborate recycled plastics chairs...which are actually a pretty comfy sit....and we have a swing on a frame and a glider which never...and I mean never get used unless we have company and need more seats. So....I'm sitting here thinking if you build this huge beast of a wooden deck out here...we would have to go for better furniture....to look better with his plans for a light overhead with a ceiling fan and possibly screens. SO how BIG is this money roll that is supposedly coming???? Yeah. Can I just get my fucking patio covered before I'm too old to wheel my damn chair out there please?!!!!!

It suddenly occurred to me that once upon a time, I was a single mom who got shit done. Honest! I made it happen!! I'm going on line to look at prefab coverings right now!!! It's okay Mr Fixit. You can dream your big dreams...I'll just get the patio covered for the time being in our usual cheap-ass-this will work til we can afford better style...just to hold us over until you can afford to build your pie in the sky. Oh look honey....the puppies just shit by the patio door again. How precious!! I love being coupped up inside!!!!

Well....that's the dill pickle 'bout that!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment