Thursday, July 8, 2010

Deadlines and Dickheads

Can you relate? I knew you could. I'm thinking of calling the company I work for Fools, Inc. My fellow blogger Sassy has already taken Company X. Pretty catchy!! But Company XYZ just doesn't bring to focus what I deal with. I work with fools...many of them...and for staying on and putting up with the shit, I'd have to say I am one as well. Yes Fools Inc. it is!!

Work has been a madhouse of insanity for the last two weeks. What was I thinking? I agreed/force the hand/demanded to take on a new project to keep from dying of boredom. What I got was an entire month of procrastination on the part of the girl who was suppose to be doing it. I was thinking I'd start training on it the first week of July. What I got was the entire mess of all of June dumped in my lap when I was trying to gear my own job up for closing out June and payables for the 10th of the month. For those of you who don't understand accounting...I pay the bills...most of which are due the 10th of the month after they were charged. Which makes the 10th run a BIGGIE!! Add a whole lot more keying into that week to catch something up you are suppose to be TRAINING on and you get some stress...and balls to the wall rush rush rushing to get everything done...from 6:50 when you walk thru the door thinking you'll grab a cup of coffee and get settled...FUCK THAT!! To 4:00 or later when you finally run screaming from the building. What a nightmare. I'm exhausted...I'm frustrated..oh and yes...Aunt Flo came by today to cheer me on....God love her!!! (I hate that bitch!!)

Sooooo...I am way beyond disgusted with the work place right now...and I still have one more day to get thru. Will I survive? Or more importantly...will the next fool who walks in my office with something that has to be done RIGHT NOW survive? I do have several blunt instruments on my desk I have been dreaming of using to rearrange some skulls in that place :) It's a pleasant thought...it keeps me from pulling out handfuls of my hair and screaming hysterically.

The problem isn't the deadlines...I'm use to that..and I can meet them. I always do. It's the dickheads in my work space. You add a dickhead to a deadline and you'll have my ass twitching in no time!! We have to many women who don't do their jobs and then the management gets upset and instead of doing something about the lazy assholes they simply reassign the work load. So some of us are diligent and do our work and meet our deadlines and earn our check. And some of us are the boss's friends and don't do a whole lot of dick. It's just one of the many joys of a family run business. Are you friends with the 'family'? YOUR HIRED!! Qualifications? Don't need any!!! Do a job to earn your check? Not Necessary!!! I wonder how I ever got hired on there having never known any of them prior to working there. Some of us must actually have the skills to get a place in line is all I can figure.

Anyhoo...that's why I am a blob this week. I get home and can't remember my name. Or what to feed my family. "Baby do you want the meat in the can with the big dog or the two puppies? What? Okay...I'll get a beer for me too!!" It will get better...and I will have this new project whipped into shape within another week and running smoothly. Cause that's what I do. SO WHY STAY THERE? Well, I do make a really decent wage...or it was in 2008 when I got my last cost of living raise. And it's like all of 2 miles from home...I love that about it. I can wear jeans in the winter and capries in the summer and most of those I have picked up second hand. I don't have to slap on make up or prove myself anymore. My boss knows what I can do and leaves me alone...which is all good. I have my own office and I can tune everyone out...and usually do!! So I will stay...and bitch bitch bitch when things get ugly....like they have been for the past two weeks....which is almost over!! I can do this...I can make it thru one more day!!

I love my job and the deadlines. I hate the dickheads at my job. And that's the dill pickle 'bout that!!

UPDATE: I now have two more patio umbrellas on the back patio and Mr Fixit arranged them in a manner that allows us to sit outside in the rain on our patio and stay dry!! Problem solved!! He even fired up the grill and cooked me steaks!! Gotta love him when he's the man with the plan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment