Saturday, July 24, 2010

I don't sit well

It's true, I don't. At this moment, on a lazy Saturday morning...I was up at the crack of dawn seeing Mr Fixit off to work...he has a few hours to put in before it gets hot, and then he kicks off a week of vacation. Fools, Inc. had to take on a field mechanic from Foley's Equipment...fka Martin Tractor to cover his work load while he's gone....that ought to cost them a pretty penny. We are still giggling about that one!! And I would be jealous as hell about his time off, except that he has a list of things to knock out while he's on "Stay"cation...so I'll just go to work and sit at my desk in the A/C while he climbs to the roof and fixes a leak and goes to the basement and puts in some new plumbing and then works on some projects he has set aside til he has TIME to do them....and then for the big Friday finale...we are gonna go move my Gypsy and my Bohemian out of their current rental house and then back into their new one come Sunday. Do we know how to live it up or what?!!!

Anyhoo..I digress....I don't sit well....I have been trying to get out to the patio to enjoy the cool morning, but there was laundry to start, and groceries to put away that I gave up on last night, and I need to clean the house up a little cause I've got folks coming over this evening...and I need to go to town and buy more work jeans for Mr Fixit cause he keeps ripping the crotch out of his and I wont even go into the snide excuse he gives me...it's cause the heat and the sweat and the fact he's dropped some weight and he can't keep his pants up and then he trys to climb on big equipment to work on it and his poor jean crotch seams can not take the pressure....It has NOTHING to do with being unable to cage the mighty monster or whatever the hell he keeps trying to tell me!! Never believe a man who is smiling that wicked 'come hither' smile when he's talking!! Oh yes and I had to get up to feed the kidz ...the four legged ones...who are splashing in the toilet as we speak..HELLO the water bowl is right next to the bathroom door you IDIOTS!! And well yeah...then I had to catch up on all my net accounts cause it's been a few days and just sitting alone on the patio and sucking up the summer morning is not something that's gonna come easy...but it really has to be done...I spent good money on the bird food...I HAVE to get out there and watch them for a while...they are probably waiting on me to feed them too.

But don't fear for me....I have ways to make myself sit still and enjoy it. I have a gathering planned for tonight...to keep me from pouting about not getting to go camping..which I do every year...but not this one....always time for a first I guess....so I am having an I'M NOT CAMPING THIS YEAR party....that's just how I roll. I will be able to sit still and sip my drink and visit with folks and pretend I am at a campsite and all will be right with the world!! But for now...I have a huge list forming in my mind of all the shit I can get done this day...that helps ya know...knocking out a bunch of crap and feeling good about all I've accomplished...then I can sit still and not feel guilty about what I ought to be doing....like I'm doing right now!!! Gotta get!!!
And that's the dill pickle bout that this morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment