Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Speechless

So, I've taken on this new project at work...cause I had to much time to kill...and cause I hate being bored at work when they keep telling everyone to stay off of FaceBook ....so what the hell do I do with my time??? You can only play computer cards for so long before you start dreaming of pitching your stapler at the next person to walk by your door.....

So yeah, I took on all the fuel tracking for our 10,000 plus pieces of equipment...It's something to do, and after a month of it now...I'm on top of it all in my own little anal systematic way. Everything is running smooth as silk which is so much better than it was before I took it over.

And then there's the fact that nobody in the company has gotten a cost of living raise since the summer of 2008. I guess they were all freaking out last year with the up and coming hush hush company buy out....but hey...I was getting super sick of stretching the budget to cover all the increases we've had in the last two years....everything goes up...and most of the time, a cost of living raise doesn't even cover the inflation increase since the last one. So, yeah, I'm a fool for taking on extra work, but I like it so much better to have a busy day. I'm a good busy person. I don't sit well.....I think we've already covered that in a previous blog.

So anyways, the boss comes around with the paychecks today...mine is just paper...I love love love that auto deposit!! And she mentions as she's tossing my check on my desk...(I am buried up to my eyeballs in fuel receipts I'm keying into the system for all our clear diesel trucks) that she really appreciates all my extra effort and there's a little something extra in here for me. And I'm thinking really???? What??? Automatically my mind goes to Clark and Cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation...It's a full year subscription to the jelly of the month club....That's the gift that just keeps on giving Clark!!! LOL But really...what? I've given up on raises...I've given up on a lot of shit going right at Fools, Inc. So, I'm kicking ass to get the last of the fuel receipts into the system..which I knock at right at four...and I shut down my office in lightning speed and get my ass on out the door. And I get home and Mr Fixit wants to know if I have his check in my purse from work...(yeah, he works there to, but out in the field fixing the big ass equipment and getting greasy dirty cause he thinks that's cool)...and I think OH YEAH....I got a little somethin' somethin' in my envelope!! So I open it up.

It's a raise!!! It's a fucking raise!!! We weren't suppose to get any again this year!! Nobody else was jumping up and down and smiling on the way out the door tonight...It was a big ass raise!!! Holy Shit and Hallelujah I'm speechless. Thank you Jesus for these awesome unexpected surprises in life!!!!! And now...a dinner of celebration at Dukes!!! I heard the margaritas there are to die for!! :) Oh crap...I almost forgot...That's the dill pickle 'bout my BIG ASS RAISE!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hurray for you, Pickle! It just goes to show you that hard work pays off. Next time you go to Dukes give me a hollar, dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna text you silly rabbit...but when we got there, they were closed...so we went to the bar and grill for a burger instead....but still, it was a celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete