Sunday, September 12, 2010

Things that make me go "Hummmmmmmmm???"

So....Sunday afternoon and I am finishing up with all the CRAP that got put off til the last day to get it done...like housework and laundry and sewing and blah blah blah. And I happen to see how late in the day it was getting to be and I thought...Holy Crap...It's Blog:30!!!

Mr Fixit starts his new job tomorrow. He has been as nervous as a whore in church all week. It's funny in my twisted sense of humor way....because he has NOTHING to be nervous about. I mean seriously, he was born to do this job....and he has already been doing it for several years for Fools, Inc....he just didn't have the title, or the pay....or the bonus they give out to the foreman at the end of the fiscal year....or the nice pickup truck you can drive around all weekend in....like all those guys do....on company gas. But hey, other than all THAT....he's been doing everything that this new job wants him to do....'cept they are gonna give him the title and the paycheck and the company pickup.....funny how things work out in your flavor every once in a while!! But the funny thing is...he really does know all this...and yet he's doubting himself. WHY?!! Why do we do that??? Cause it's not just him....it's everybody...we all get nervous and anxious and worry about taking on a new task or job or assignment or committee or whatever and even if we know we have what it takes to complete the job...we still freak. How did we all become such non believer's in ourselves?

Did somebody give us the ole "Pride goeth before a fall" line to many times and we started thinking it was wrong to trust in our abilities and judgements? Do we all think somewhere deep in our subconscious that self assurance is a bad bad ugly wrong thing? I don't know....I just know I see so many of my family and friends freaking out over a big project coming up that they are more than qualified to do, yet suddenly feel like they are gonna fail or screw it up badly. Wonder why? Just one of the many things in life that make me say "Hummmmmmm"

So I spent Friday afternoon garage sailing....something I love to do...and I have a God-given talent for it. Give me a list to knock out, and I generally get the grace of God to get it done. The very first garage I walked up to......I shit you not....the very FIRST one, I dropped $50.00 and came away with more than half of my list for baby items.....car seats and baby bouncer thingys and these totally cool mesh bath carrier thingys and high chairs and walkers...cept you can't get around in them, cause they have a plastic snow saucer thingy in the bottom of them, and all kinds of little stuff you need with a baby in the house. WHY you ask am I running around gathering baby items so cheaply....is there some big news I need to share??????? OH HELL NO!!!! My baby days are behind me....I'm afraid I'm at the age where I would actually forget I had one and then have to go looking for it!!! No...my step daughter is having another baby...after claiming she would never do that again when her first one came cesarean style...and so she gave away ALL her baby crap....and now we are starting again...from scratch...damnit!!! And I have a grand niece...just 17...who is pregnant and of course she has no clue how much this child is going to cost her and the daddy...who married her....it use to be a thing of honor....now I think it's more stupidity...but what ever...I'm just the old 'crazy aunt' as she calls me...so what do I know.....I know how to find some kick ass deals at garage sales...THAT'S what I KNOW!!!! LOL Why do kids have kids they can't afford? Why do I spend all my fun money on these kids???? Just a little more that makes me say 'Hummmmmmmmmm"

And then ....garage sailing with my first born....my little Gypsy...who is quite the garage sailor herself....as well as her little sister....apparently they were both paying attention to their mommy when she use to take them along.....Who Knew?!!!!! We are all over Silver Lake on Saturday.....checking out all the crap for the sign or scent of a treasure....and we see this priest...well I'm guess he's a priest...in his black floor length robes....looks just like he stepped down from the pulpit...and he's carrying this snazzy little man purse to collect all his goodies he may find in....and going from sale to sale just ahead of us....and my first born....who lost her desire to follow in her mother's faith somewhere along the way....it happens ya know...happened to me, happened to her...but I came back around and so will she....anyhoo...she and I are cracking up about this priest....and comparing thoughts....like.....Seriously??? All his jeans are in the dirty clothes? He has to wear his Sunday Go-To-Meetin' clothes cause he has no Saturday go to garage-sailin' outfits? He enjoys sweating profusely in black? Garage sale people are the devil and he is on call for an emergency exorcism? Oh we just went on and on....and then she says she is overcome with the desire to go up and say something like..."Sweet Man Purse ya got there Pops".....at this time, I begin laughing hysterically and dragging her down a side street....I think I just about pissed my pants she had me laughing to hard. How did I raise up a child who could be so casual with a man of the cloth? Where is her respect for the priesthood? How could she be so flippant with religious peoples? I pondered all of this as I tried my damnest NOT to pee right there in the middle of the Silver Lake Suburbs and stop laughing hysterically.....yes...people were looking...apparently we were having WAY TOO MUCH FUN garage sailing. And yet just one more thing to make me say 'hummmmmmmmmmm'.

Anyhoo...that's the dill pickle bout that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment