Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dealing with Life...you know..that thing that happens while you were busying making other plans....

So....big birthday weekend. Yeah, I like to have one of those every year or so....I have to stop and think....I'm pretty sure I'll be 48...but I'll have to get the calculator out to double check the math...Mr Fixit and I will be the same age for exactly 33 days...and then he has to get older than me again...I LOVE IT!!! So I am the old lady (cause I call him the old man and then suddenly I am his age...SHIT)...for 33 days...and then for the other 332 days he gets to be the OLD MAN again. It's totally fair in my book!!

So I take Friday off, cause nothing makes for a great birthday better than a three day weekend. And I'm planning to go garage sailing...but nobody I usually hang with for treasure hunting can go...no biggy...I'll go myself...I even looked up the sales and make a list....But then this past week we had a 'kid' crisis and had to go Mr Fixit's oldest son's house to bail him out of a jam. And I took all these clothes and things I've been finding for all the grandbabies over there...and nobody was happy about it.....nobody wanted to look thru the sacks...and yes...there were several for each child....nobody said thanks....nobody cared. I did get a comment from Mr Fixit's daughter over her big ass sack of baby clothes for the one she is expecting in January.... "Yeah, I'll have to look thru all that and see if there's anything I can use". Really???? Well SHIT!! SO I am a little bummed about all the time and effort picking up stuff to help them out and save them money...and suddenly I really don't give a shit weather I garage sale on my big birthday weekend or not. Especially since it won't be a social event...screw it...I'll go SHOPPING!!! I haven't been thru Kohls in a long long time...and there are a few other shops I wanted to check out and cool...yeah...this is what I want to do!!!!

So plans are made and then comes Life....Water Boy....he's had what I thought was a boil on his tail bone before...no biggy...hot compress...bring it to a head...it pops like a zit and heals up and goes away....right??? Well, not this one...so, I call and make a dr.'s apt for him on my big Birthday Friday off...we'll go see the dr....and then go shopping!!!!!! (He is less than jumping up and down excited about that part) And so 10:00 am...we make our appointment...and then we sit....and we wait....and we wait some more.....watching The Price is Right....and by the way, Where the hell is Bob Barker???!!!! Did he die or something??? Anyhoo...the show gets over, I can't believe the price of some of that stupid shit on that show.....but there we are...an hour later...sitting.....still waiting....The Water Boy...he's actually pretty cool about it...just hanging...me? I'm trying to discreetly wipe the foam gathering at the sides of my mouth. DON'T waste my time here people? I made an apt one hour into your happy little doctor day...how can you be this far behind already???? I had to make a scene...not terribly bad...but enough to let them know I didn't appreciate my valuable time being sucked up by their inability to keep to a schedule. And just what the hell is up with that anyways? After all these years and doctor's offices still haven't figured out how to schedule people so they don't have to wait for days in their waiting room???? Now what the hell?!!!

Well anyways...we are there a grand total of two and a half hours....now I'm pissed AND hungry. Boy I'll tell ya, IHOP really does mean it when they say come hungry and leave happy. I was in a better frame of mind.....but Water Boy ...he had his 'boil' poked and prodded and renamed...it's actually a cyst. WHO KNEW??!!!! So he doesn't feel like shopping, so we head to Walmart to grab just the few things I needed for Saturday and his prescription and well, he found a couple movies he KNEW I'D LOVE to see...so what the hell....it's my b-day weekend and I didn't get to do anything on my fun list...let's get them.....after all it's WALMART and you know how I get when I'm in that store!!!!

And then I get home....and I'm thinking...ya know what...I'd love to just play in the yard...yeah, that's what I'll do!! I'll plant those bulbs I bought during a recent Walmart binge and I'll just have fun diggin in the dirt...which is really MY THANG...but, silly me....making plans...I couldn't find half the shit I needed to play in the yard with....and by the time I did...Mr Fixit was coming home and then we had his big agenda.....mow and smoke ribs and get ready for Saturday night. (My brother is in town this weekend and the whole family is coming out tonight for a big family gathering with ribs and steaks and Mr. Fixit is running amuck...eyes glazed over that everything is RIGHT) Okay...you go with that baby...I'll just be over here out of your way...hollar if ya need me!!! So...finally......just about dark...I get to put a few bulbs in the ground...but have to stop cause...I can't fucking SEE what I'm doing and it's COLD!!!

Today....Day 2 of the big birthday weekend...I get to clean house...so it can be trashed before the sun goes down....and fix up the patio all pretty....so I can clearly see the trash left behind later tonight....oh yes and run back to Topeka to pick up a bride's maid dress for The Gypsy...who needs it next weekend. NO PROBLEMO!!!!!

And I'm thinking....why did I make any plans? I know LIFE will show up and have her hateful little way!!! She's an old bitch with a mean humor streak if you asked me!!! But it's all good. Somewhere along the way I got to spend some good time with my son.. I got to see Happy for a moment at the post office coming back from town....I'll have the whole family out to enjoy tonight...and my house will look good...for about an hour....and it's all working okay for me. Odd isn't it!! Life is gonna happen just to spite your best made plans, so I'm just gonna roll with it. I'm thinking I may have to find a StarBucks on the way back with the bridesmaid dress too, cause, after all...it is my Birthday Weekend!!!!

And tomorrow....NO PLANS.....I may finish planting my bulbs...OR NOT....I may go out to eat...OR NOT....I may take a nap after re cleaning my house...OR NOT. Who the hell knows...it's up for grabs people....no plans for LIFE to fuck with...which is probably gonna make it a great day...and great days are the best ones to age on!!!

And that's just my dill pickle bout that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment