Saturday, January 1, 2011

Newness

The beginning...that's a great place to start, don't ya think? A NEW beginning is even better, cause you've started once or more and you know a little bit more than the first time, so getting to start over is even better than just starting!! A FRESH start...that's sounds crisp and refreshing and fun. So, it's the new year and I'm sitting here gearing up to take my old ass into to it with a crisp fresh fun new beginning.
Resolutions? Not really....I like to learn as I go....or maybe I'm just at a point in time when I really enjoy myself and my circle of friends and I don't want or need anything to change, I just want to savor it all....like a wintergreen lifesaver.....just rolling it around my mouth to make sure I get all the flavor and bite out of it...I have a tendency to crunch that kinda stuff up...never did make it to the tootsie roll in the center with out some CRUNCHING going on. So I'm not making a list of things to change....oh they are going to on their own without my help or approval, but I just don't feel the need to make any changes... but I'm gonna feel left out if I don't, so I guess there are a few things I'm gonna put on my to do list for the coming year.

I'm gonna MAKE the time to spend in some of my favorite kitchens in the county this year. I tend to spend all my free time at home, cause I love my home...even if I'm the only one here. But I think I should spend more time with some of my great and wonderful friends. So there, that's a goal, right?!! And I think I am going to try really hard to stop worrying about my kids and their futures. They will be just fine with our without all my fretting. It's quite ridiculous to fret over them and what will become of their happy little worlds!!! Okay...that's two...wheeew, better quit now before I work up a sweat.

Okay, well, then there's the flip side...you have to decide what you learned in the previous year that you want to take along with you while you are tripping into the new one!! Nobody really focuses on that...but it's my favorite part....WHAT TO PACK FOR THE JOURNEY!!!!! This past year I learned even better that a positive attitude can push you over just about anything ugly and looming in your face. So the positive attitude is coming with me this new year. And I learned that it's the bullshit and the heartaches in life that make you who you are, and teach you how to be kind and compassionate and less judgemental and a whole lot more fun. So I revamped my attitude about worrying over all the mistakes my kids were making, or would make and came to realize that it's those mistakes and the learning from them that are gonna make them love themselves later down the line....so I wanna take that little tidbit of wisdom with me into 2011. I learned this past year that my body is going to get old and I am gonna start loosing my strength and agility and I'm not gonna be able to do all the things I use to do. And that sucks, but it's also made me think in terms of down sizing and buying smaller and lighter and making the most of what I have in my capabilities right now. Appreciation is the key. I'm packing my appreciation for what I can do today in the old bag for the new year!!! I also learned even better that love is a huge hungry beast that must be fed, and the only way to get over the loss of someone you love dearly is to find someone new to love. A nurturer must nurture, and that's all there is to it. I didn't replace my beloved dogs that I lost in the past year, I filled the hole in my heart with some new ones that need my love and attention and time....I can't replace Prosper or Molly or Lazy Daisy kitty or my dad or grandmas, but I can fill those empty vacant holes in my heart with people and pets to shower with love. And doesn't that make the world a better place in the end? I think so. So I am gonna take that with me into the new year.

Okay, so my bags are packed and I'm READY!!! Are you? Let's all be trippin' into the new year. Who knows what it will bring, and what we will be packing up to take with us next year!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I'm really HAPPY you chose to spend a little time in my kitchen. I'm looking forward to it more often!

    ReplyDelete