Saturday, October 2, 2010

Stalling.........

Yes I'm stalling right now....it's time to make salsa...I have all the bags of tomatoes out of the deep freeze.....that's how we do it....pick em as they rippen and blanch, peel and throw em in freezer bags til I have enough to do a huge batch...cause it's a big ordeal to get everything chopped up and in to a pot and canned....I don't even think about it til I have a huge amount...which is why I've been putting it off...this year just sucked for tomatoes...but, it's gonna get down into the 30s tonight and in the coming week and the rest of the tomatoes will not be seeing red on the vine...time to pick them all and throw them in. This isn't the first year I've had to improvise.....salsa is pretty much what ever you want...I've known folks who threw in corn and shredded carrots and black beans and whatever you have around to make it a decent sized batch....one year I think I threw in everything but kitty litter....and I may have added some of THAT!!! This year I'm added green tomatoes too and we are gonna go with a salsa verde kind of a thing.....I've got three bunches of celery and four bags of onions and garlic...oh yes and green/banana peppers coming out of my ass....so yeah...some red tomatoes and some hot peppers and I've got some kind of garden veggie thing going down in the pot on the stove today!! Or at least that's the game plan....I've yet to get started...well...I HAD to blog about it first!!!

Yesterday my boss hugged me.....can you believe it? She hugged me? Now what the hell brought that on? I did ALL the office cleaning chores...cause no body else will and sometimes I just feel like being the kind considerate woman my mom tried to raise.....and it was the end of the day and my work was done....the office looked good...it's 15 minutes to 4:00 and I hand her my time card....which says I worked til 4....and I say "I'm taking the mail to the post office and I'm outta here, I just can't work in these conditions....it's too clean in here, it's too quiet, and it's too sunny outside...I'm outta here sister!!!" And she stopped in her tracks walking back to her desk and she turns around and throws her arms around me and gives me a big hug and tells me thanks for all my help. WTF??!!!!!! Kinda threw me for a loop....but it was nice just the same!!

Another totally weird thing going down right now is money. I have it.....and that's some weird freaky shit folks!!! Mr Fixit got a new job with a whole lot more money coming in the door every week...and suddenly...all the bills are paid and the groceries are bought, we've started up a savings account to stash back funds to build him a nice big garage and I STILL HAVE MONEY. Like I have cash left over in my wallet....how wild is THAT?!!!! And here's the really weird part...I don't NEED anything. Now...what the hell????? I'm serious...I have a closet cram packed with clothes and shoes....granted...I need to dig out the winter ones, but still...I have everything I need and a lot of shit I don't. What am I gonna do with this money? Do you think I should just carry it around....I don't know if my wallet knows how to do that? She's strictly a plastic card kinda gal....I could be over loading her at this very minute!!! I should go shopping and find something to buy....Mr Fixit needs some new shirts and maybe some new 501s, but no, no...this is just to freaky to shop with cash....I'm going to hide out at home today and contemplate the meaning......and make salsa of course....that ought to keep me out of trouble for the entire day!!

Soooo....I really need to get started....it begins with rearranging the entire laundry room so I can pop open the door to the basement...it's one of those floor door thingys...and haul up my huge canning pot....and the pressure cooker and the jars and then I'll need a nap....and then I have to chop up tons of fresh veggies.....yes by hand..... all day..with sweat dripping off my face..(she says as she hauls out her handy dandy food processor) and then I'll need another nap....and then bringing it all to a slow boil in a huge pot WITHOUT burning what's on the bottom...that's always fun....and sloping most of it in jars and not all over the stove, walls, floor, myself....that's the tricky part....yeah it's gonna be a long haul today...but hey....I'm down to two pints of salsa from last year and I can't survive a winter without it...so......here we goooooooooooo
And that's the dill pickle bout over here today!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hugs and money....what more could a girl ask for.I'm happy to know things are going soooo well! Yay!

    ReplyDelete